Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Scripture of My Life...
As you may already know, over the course of my life, I've been persuaded repeatedly to opposite ends of the spectrum that is faith in Christ. Men have lead me down roads of destruction, others pulled me to my feet and introduced me to the light. After much thought and consideration, alas I have discovered God's true love for me. I proudly display a plaque in my study at Olney that says, "Since thou wast precious in my sight, thou hast been honorable (Isa. 18:4), BUT Thou shalt remember that thou wast a bondman in the land of Egypt, and the LORD thy God redeemed thee (Deut. 15:15)." Two memorable scriptures that define me, remind me of my fallen nature, and remind me of God's mercy towards me. These verses ensure that I should never lose sight of my Father again, and I continue to live for Him. For my devout readers, I apologize for the lateness of this post, I recently found myself aiding a dear friend, you may have heard of, Wilberforce, He shares the same ambition towards the end of the slave trade as I do, and I have been supporting him in Parliament.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Those verses are very good ones. I would like to know more about your trials and tribulations when your "knocked off of your feet"
-alden
Post a Comment