Monday, April 28, 2008

MTD

Recently I stumbled upon a "time machine," and visited the future. The world is still not changed much, and I fear the masses have become more distant from God. I spoke to a man by the name of Christian Smith who explained a relatively new fad amongst "religions" young men and women who view God as one who is not directly involved in their life except in times of desperation where they really need Him. This idea is preposterous when one truly views the majesty of God all around; they must be ignorant. Now that I think back on the event, they all must have thought that I was mad, my attire was certainly out dated. But their clothes were a bit silly too. And at least I am not the one begging God to make me unhealthily thin. Such prayers are hardly even desperate enough to be classified in this new theological idea. I have obviously returned to my day and year and I pray that in the future this world will see one who changes the world's thinking so that God is never put behind man anymore.

4 comments:

John Calvin said...

This was very interesting to read. I liked the way you almost made it comical by adding in your opinions of the characteristics of the future. That was clever.

Anonymous said...

nicely done Bryan. i enjoyed the stuff on the dream and everything. a time machine? really? really? present it like that on monday, I dare you.
(Maria)

John Wesley said...

good job bryan, i loved the part with the dream in it, it was very fun to read. (mark)

Dietrich Bonhoeffer said...

If people really start to think about God like this—
That's just horrible. If you truly love Jesus, you'll want to serve Him.